Friday, December 23, 2011

Nike Family.

I'm finally home! Good old Beaverton Oregon. There is nothing like being home. 

When I was a little girl, we moved around a lot. I was born in Utah, while my parents were at BYU. Then, we moved to Illinois while my dad went to Northwestern. Then we moved to Florida, and we moved twice there.  When we moved to Oregon,  even though I was only eight years old, I made my dad promise me we wouldn't move for at least five years. I wanted a place that felt like home. 13 years later, and we still live in Beaverton, Oregon.

One of the coolest things about being from Beaverton, is that, it is the world headquarters of Nike. I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me knows, but just in case you don't, my dad works for Nike, and that's why we live here. Growing up, everyone always had Nikes. At my high school, if you didn't own at least three pairs, you weren't cool. Some of my guy friends in high school would walk around school super awkwardly just to not crease their shoes. Some had over 50 pairs of Nikes. Boys would spend their whole paychecks on Nike shoes and camp out overnight to get the latest pair. I didn't own a pair of vans until my junior year of high school. And that's because I got them as a gift- my dad would never buy us the competition! And if you wore Adidas to my house... oh boy. You'd get a hard time from my dad hahah. 

Thats one of the best parts about coming home. Seeing all of the fresh pairs of Nikes. I love the way the boys dress here and the Nike culture.  It's weird that its actually something I miss. 

When I first moved out to Provo, I was a little bit shocked at how few people actually wore Nike shoes... I mean, don't all guys have Nikes? What the Sketchers? New Balance? Pumas? ADIDAS? It took a long time to get used to. For the first year at school, EVERY person that I saw wearing Nikes would get a compliment. I actually bought my freshman year boyfriend Nikes because his Adidas bothered me so much. I had no idea that to regular people, Nike's were kind of a big deal. I realize now that not everyone is fortunate enough to have a parent or a friend working for Nike, and that not everyone has the Employee Store close by. What a shame.

I'm a Nike girl 4 lyfe. My dad has such a cool job. He gets to see famous athletes, travel the world, go to the Olympics and World Cups, and he always brings us home the latest Nike gear. AND since my dad has worked at Nike for 13 years now... we accumulated quite a few Nikes. While I've been home, I've taken a couple pictures because it's actually quite ridiculous. (that's what started the obsessive rant and post about my obsession of nikes) 

My dad's favorite style of Nike: Nike Air Max
He has them in every color:

Those aren't even a fraction of the shoes my dad has. 

One of the chores in our house is putting the shoes away. hahah

mine and my sister's shoes - we wear the same size

my 15 year old brothers collection. 
Yes sir, we are a Nike family. Proud of it. I don't think I'll ever own a differnt pair of running shoes - and neither will my future children. :) 

For all of those out there who haven't thought of a Christmas present yet... you know what to buy your special someone! hahahaha. and for those of you who camped out last night at the ES to get the new Concords, I hope they are everything you've ever dreamed of and more! hahaha. happy holidays!

b

No comments:

Post a Comment