Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dedicated to my beautiful mother; and second mother, Claudine Taylor


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
to the best mom in the whole wide world:
my mom. 


This is my all time favorite picture of my mom. This picture was my sophomore year, at my apartment, when she came down to Provo for a week and stayed with me. That was probably the best week ever. She hung out with my friends, she went to class with me, she cooked me food everyday, and I don't think my apartment had ever been as clean as she made it. A mother's touch. It was so fun; she's fun. 

BUT LET'S START FROM THE BEGINNING: 


I guess I owe my life to my mom. I mean, I wouldn't be here without her right? This picture is awesome. Even though I'm pretty sure this wasn't the most enjoyable experience, I was her first born. I love this picture because, first, my dad looks scared out of his mind and second, because you can just tell my mom had been through an eventful morning. If you couldn't tell, this is when my mom birthed me (yes birthed is a word), twenty-one and a half long years ago. It's so funny to see my parents when they are more close to my age. 
THEY LOOK FUNNY. HA.

 It's weird because when youre a kid, you always think your parents just know exactly what they are doing. But as I continue to grow up and think about the far away day when I'll become a mom, parenting is crazy to think about. My first child. All of the sudden. I'm responsible for someone else. Oh my goodness. How amazing. How much pressure. As excited as I am, I'm so glad I still have a while. Thanks mom for bringing me into this world. 
PS. why do all babies look like aliens... at least they stuck a bow on my head... 


I absolutely adore this picture. My mom looks like a total boss. I know where I get my amazing style from and good looks from. And look at her hair! What a babe. It's pretty funny because everyone I've ever met that knows my mom says we are twins. When I went to Uruguay for my quienceñera, my family from South America hadn't seen me in years. and I'm pretty sure the first thing everyone told me was how much I was my moms equal. Thanks for my good looks mom ;) 


I just put this picture up to show everyone of how much a boss I was. Side ways hat? Killin it.  I mean, I know this post is about my mom but seriously. I'm so cool. 


One thing I love about my mom, is the love and support she has showed me throughout my life. She has been a part of all my important moments. She was there when I tied my shoe for the first time, when I fell down an escalator, when I went to my first day of school, when I got baptized, for my piano, flute, dance, soccer, performances/games,  when I went on my first date, when I went to my high school prom, when I graduated from high school. And she continues to be there for me. 


Although I don't live at home anymore, and don't get to see my mommy as often as I would like to, I know that she would be there in a heartbeat if I ever needed her. I know that I can call her anytime and she will listen. And I know that she will always love me no matter what. My mom thinks anything I do is great and amazing haha, its pretty cool actually. I called her after I completely failed one of my accounting tests, and to her, I was still the smartest student at BYU. 

This is probably my favorite picture of us. This was taken in Las Vegas, when my mom came down for my 21st birthday. We got to see Phantom of the Opera and the Lion King. My mom wanted to go "clubbing" with me, but for some reason I didn't really want to. So I convinced her out of it. My mom is hilarious. 

I really have such an amazing mom. Sometimes I think she has more energy than I do. I remember in high school, sometimes I would have sleepovers with my friends and we would walk upstairs in the middle of the night and my mom would be randomly baking muffins for us in the morning. 3am? What the? To show her energy watch the video that's coming up... 

OKAY. I LOVE THIS VIDEO. This is when my best friend Caitlin came and visited me in Oregon. This is a reenactment of what actually happened when my mom came home and saw that Caitlin was there, and I think it was even more intense the first time. 
Here's Mrs. Molina for you:  
(Sorry it's sideways...)



 PS. My mom is the one in the pink... in case you don't know what my mom looks like.  Ha. But, there's my mom for you. Full of life. Always up for adventure. One of the most amazing women I have ever met. She is SO talented. She plays the piano, the accordion, she cuts hair, bakes crazy cool cakes, sings amazing, shes so smart and really cares about and is always serving others. 

I know my mom isn't the most perfect mom in the world, but she is the perfect mom for me. I love you so much mom. Have a fantastic  Mother's day. You're the best!

throwback.

Real quick, one last story. So, on Mother's Day, when I lived at home (I don't know about anymore) but we would always make mom breakfast in bed.  One year, I had woken everybody up, and we all went to the kitchen, and we made this big breakfast - usually eggs and toast and cereal and cut up fruit. We get it all set up on the tray and walk up stairs to her room. We're all standing there and I go to wake up my mom and I tickled my mom's leg I guess and she had a automatic reaction and just kicked. You can guess what happened... kicked the tray and lets just say I won't forget that mother's day :) 


AND: 
I cant forget my second mother Claudine!!! She is the best second mom I could ever ask for!
You are such an example to me and I hope that I can show as much love to my future children as you show to your kids everyday. I want to be just like you as a mom. You are amazing! I hope that when I'm a mom, I will be as wonderful as a mother as you are. Thank you for everyyyyyyyyything! 



3 comments:

  1. Awww, Britt! You're the BEST! What a NICE Mother's Day Present! (And Yes, I saw the crazy Video! Ha ha HA! Yes, I have ENERGY!!! When you were born, I wanted you sooo badly! You honestly made my heart SING! (except for the "head" thing! I was a "little" worried!) You're so frickin' smart, cute, kind and thoughful.I Love you!

    I like that you live life to the "fullest"! And are always happy! :) A little tired at times, I'm sure, but...you learned all that from ME! You're adventurous and you care about people! Yes, I dragged you around when you were a kid--to zoos, museums, activities--dance, sports, play dates, parks,etc! You were my buddy when I visit taught, or served people in need. Remember in Miami when I was R.S. Pres and took you and Hailey everywhere with me?! I also had you "pray" for me whenever I felt stressed and needed a "child's" prayer...Britt, your faith was ever strong!!! Even when we were racing to the Dr.and I didn't want to get a "ticket"! How crazy! Your praryers ALWAYS worked! You are a bless-ed child! Thanks for your love! I will always worry about my kids,and what's best for them! ...But overall, you guys are the best kids a mom could ask for! I am so happy to be your mother! I thank Heavenly Father for this, I just hope I can do the job justice! I may not be "perfect" but my Heart is in it 100%! I would do anything for you kids! Thanks for loving, accepting, running around with me, enjoying life and forgiving me! I love you Britt! Thanks Again! It made my DAY!!! Love, Yer mommy...who sang you "Sandman" :) Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh this is so perfect. i love it. and of course your mothers response is even better. adorable. love you both.

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the SWEEETEST girl ever, Brittany! You made my WHOLE day! And I am HONORED I am your "second" mom... because I love you like you are my own daughter!!! We LOVE having you in our home with your fun energy and laughs and love! FINALLY there is an even amount of girls as there are boys! YES!!! You will ALWAYS be family to us!!! And I am excited as your "second" mom to be able to watch you in the future... getting married to your handsome prince, having your own home, being the best wife, and being the BEST Mom ever!! You have all the love, talents, spirituality, and smarts to be the BEST! And I can't wait to be apart of that AMAZING future!!! Love you sooooooo much, Brit!!!!

    ReplyDelete